SUBMIT A WEDDING
Thank you so much for your interest in sharing your content with Simply Peachy. We appreciate and value each and every submission that comes through our inbox! Simply Peachy features real weddings, engagements, inspirational shoots, proposals and DIY projects that share our chic aesthetic and style and we particularly love a shoot with a peachy palette!
To make things easier for you and for us, we would appreciate it if you would read the following guidelines before sending us your submission:
HOW TO SUBMIT
Your submission should include:
- 50-80 non-watermarked individual images sized 600 pixel width (for both horizontal and vertical images);
- Names and websites for all the vendors involved;
- For inspirational shoots, a brief explanation of the shoot and a few sen tences on any creative aspect of the shoot;
- For real weddings and engagements, a paragraph or two from the couple about their day and/or planning process;
- Your social media profiles (if applicable) so that we can follow and link the feature to you;
- Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and images shared via file-sharing sites such as Dropbox or We Transfer; and
- If you are not the photographer, please ensure that you have obtained permission from the photographer prior to submission.
TYPES OF IMAGES
For real wedding submissions, here is a list of shots that we love including, so please bear this in mind when choosing the images you’d like to submit:
- Getting ready shots for both the bride and groom
- The bride and bridesmaid’s hair, make up, dress and shoes
- Full-length shots of the bride’s gown, the groom’s attire and bridal party’s attire
- Bouquets and boutonnieres
- Group shots of the bridal party
- Invitations and stationery
- Décor and details for both the ceremony/reception (e.g. florals, centerpieces, table numbers, seating charts, favours etc.)
- Ceremony moments (e.g. walking down the aisle, groom’s first look, first kiss, petal toss etc.)
- Food and refreshments (e.g. drinks bar, dessert bar, wedding cake, catering etc.)
- Bride and groom portrait shots
- First dance
- Send off
- Other special moments or details that you think reflect the bride and groom’s style and personality
To ensure that the content on Simply Peachy is fresh for our readers, we ask for online exclusivity and cannot publish weddings and engagements that have appeared on other wedding blogs. However, we would be happy to feature any submission that has appeared in print publications. Once your submission has been published on Simply Peachy, you are free to submit it elsewhere. That said, we ask that you wait at least four weeks before submitting to another wedding blog.
Due to the high volume of emails and submissions that we receive, it may take up to two weeks for us to get back to you. We do try our best to answer every email but if you have not heard back from us in over two weeks, please feel free to submit your material elsewhere.
Please note that we only schedule our features once all materials requested are provided (please refer to the above for the submission requirements). If your submission is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email and once you have provided all the required material for the feature, your feature will be scheduled into the Simply Peachy editorial calendar and you will be given a publication date. Following this, there is usually a four to five week wait before a feature goes live on the blog. Once your submission has been featured on Simply Peachy, you are welcome to submit the material elsewhere. However, as mentioned above, we kindly ask that you wait at least four weeks before doing so.
Once you have been published, please feel free to use this ‘featured on’ badge on your site. We love seeing our badge proudly featured on vendors’ sites!
A big peachy thank you again for sharing your work with us on Simply Peachy. We really do appreciate it! Hope to see more submissions from you again in the future!
If you have any questions about our submissions guidelines, feel free to email us on email@example.com.