With summer just around the corner, I can’t think of anything more refreshing than some gobbling up some delicious ice pops! And what perfect timing because Pimm‘s has partnered up with the scrumptious ice pop company, Pure Pops to create the Pimm’s Pop and I have the recipe for you today! Imagine a concoction of strawberries, cucumber, orange, mint and the classic Pimm’s serve frozen up into fresh and fruity ice pops – YUM! These delightful treats would be perfect for a summer or spring wedding and will have your guests drooling for more.
Makes 6-8 (700ml) depending on mould size
500ml (2 cups) flat ginger ale
70ml freshly squeezed orange juice
40ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
80ml mint syrup
Thin slices of strawberries, cucumber and orange and mint sprigs to garnish
1.5 cups of firmly packed mint leaves
1. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat stir to dissolve sugar, bring to the simmer.
2. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to the simmer. Add mint leaves, stir to submerge leaves. Blanch until bright green (20-30 seconds).
4. Drain into a fine sieve and refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain mint well, squeeze to remove excess water and combine in a food processor or blender with cool sugar syrup.
5. Blend until mint is finely chopped. Strain through a fine sieve (discard mint).
6. You will need 80ml for the recipe. Remaining mint sugar syrup will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.
1. Combine ginger ale, orange juice, lemon juice and mint syrup in an ice pop mould.
2. Arrange fruit slices and mint sprigs in moulds.
3. Top with liquid mix and freeze until slightly frozen (approx. 60 minutes).
4. Insert ice cream stick and freeze until solid and fully frozen.
5. Submerge moulds halfway in cold water to remove, pull sticks gently and place in glass tumblers.
Top each tumbler with a 30ml of Pimms No.1 Cup, lemonade and garnish to taste with strawberries, orange, cucumber and mint (0.6 Standard Drinks).