We’re rearing up to the end of December and it’s been anything but chill here at Simply Peachy these last few months! One of the things that was keeping me busy throughout November was preparing for a shoot with some amazing vendors on my recent trip back to Sydney. I don’t want to give too much about the shoot away but inspired by The Sweetest Occasion, I found myself up to my eyeballs in glitter for a few weeks and one of the things I was making was gold glitter mason jars. Perfect for use as vases at weddings or this holiday season or even just to pop your daily make up brushes and the like in, these are super easy to make and will sparkle up your place in no time. So here’s how I made mine…
- Glass jars
- Latex glue
- Gold glitter
- Paint brush (or any kind of sponge brush)
- Shallow disposable dish (I used a foil baking tray)
- Hairspray (optional for use as a sealant)
2. Paint the glue on the outside of the jar. I wanted my jars to be fully covered in glitter so I painted the entire jar. If you want only a part of the jar in glitter then use sticky tape to mark the area before painting on the glue.
3. Fill the disposable dish with glitter. It does get messy even with the container so make sure you line your tables with some old newspaper to help catch the glitter that inevitably bounces out of the dish.
4. Roll the jar in the glitter until all the glue is covered. Use a spoon to help sprinkle and cover any uncovered spots on the jar.
5. Leave the jars to dry overnight. It takes a few hours depending on how thick you painted on the glue. Any excess glitter can be scooped up and put back in the original container using a funnel of some sort for reuse.
6. Once the jars are dry, spray a coat of hairspray all around to seal in the glitter. Leave the sprayed jars to dry for an hour.
Voila! Fill them up with a pretty floral arrangement, your makeup brushes or kitchen utensils and your friends will be asking you where you got these sparkly beauties!