One of the reasons why we love spring so much is because no matter how tough a day you may be having, there’s nothing like peachy tones and rows and rows of blooming flowers to cheer you up! Last week we shared our tips on incorporating Spring flowers into your bridal bouquet and this week we’re bringing you something a little different and even brighter: citrus inspired ideas!
When in doubt, go with a citrus palette. It’s optimistic, refreshing, sweet and simply stunning. You can never go wrong with shades of pink, yellow, coral and orange! A while back we put together a quick and easy citrus inspiration board here. Today, we’re taking it a step further! From rock candy sticks to fruity macarons and DIY garlands, we can’t wait for you to check our list of 15 citrus inspired wedding ideas!
(1) Start your wedding on an extra happy note! Invite your loved ones to celebrate your special day in citrus inspired colors like yellow and coral!
Photo from Studio DIY.
(2) Peachy tones and shades of tangerine and coral look incredible with succulents! You might want to give this mix a try!
(3) Whether or not your a fan on nibbling on kumquats, you’ll love the way they look attached to a boutonniere! They’re the perfect size for something small and sweet.
(4) What’s more refreshing than lemonade on a fine spring day? Cool your guests down with a homemade lemonade bar! Feel free to add your own twist like a few mint leaves or some cucumber and pomegranate juice.
(5) Looking for more to cool down? These lemon and mint popsicles are easy to make and oh so pretty!
Photo from Practically Functional.
(6) Citrus tones look incredible against muted and dusty greenery. There’s something about the contrast between something vibrant and plain, but wild that’s so beautiful.
(7) Are you also a lover of all things floral? Sprinkle as many flower petals over the aisle as you can! If you’re feeling a little creative then create an ombre rainbow!
(8) Believe it or not, these gorgeous backdrops are easy to make! Dip dye coffee filters in stunning coral tones or head to the nearest arts and crafts store and find something flat or fan-shaped that you can style!
Photo from Bella Wedding Galleria.
(9) Even before you peel them, oranges and lemons smell delicious and this is why you should use them as escort card holders!
(10) Baby-sized lemons and kumquats are both perfect for adding a little something special to each guest’s placemat. These little lovelies will add a pop of color and a nice aroma to the reception!
(11) Unsure of what to use as centerpieces? How about a vine of ripe and unripened lemons? Simple, but still so beautiful.
(12) We can’t talk about citrus inspiration and not include a gorgeous citrus salad! You’d be amazed at how tasty slices of navel and blood oranges and grapefruit are on top of seasonal greens!
Photo from The Clean Dish.
(13) There’s nothing like an array of citrus inspired cakes, macarons and candy! Do leave a healthy option and select a few of your favorite citrus fruits!
(14) Almost everyone we know loves a naked cake! Skip the flowers and add a few tangerines or kumquats for a lovely pop of color. Include the leaves for a more natural look! If you love naked cakes as much as we do, be sure to check out our roundup here.
(15) Don’t let your guests leave without a little something sweet to enjoy the day after! These packages of yellow candy and fruity macarons would make any of your guests happy.
If you loved these spring wedding ideas, then click here for more wedding inspiration!